Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Openness of God

The Openness of God: A Biblical Challenge to the Traditional Understanding of God The Openness of God: A Biblical Challenge to the Traditional Understanding of God by Richard Rice


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I would say for the most part I enjoyed this book. Due to the fact that there are five separate authors it was little up and down for me. The basic point of the book is to set out the theological view of God known as Open Theism and convince the reader that they should also believe it to be true. As far describing open theism the book does very well, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the topic. On the other hand I found the arguments to be unconvincing for the most part. I have sympathy with a lot of what they say but I think they take it in the wrong direction in the end. That is just my opinion, others might find it to be very convincing. Anyways, I think is defiantly worth taking the time to read if for no other reason but to make you think bout your beliefs and the beliefs of others.


View all my reviews.

No comments: